Articles > Cooking With Herbs
Ellen's Perfect Pound Cake - 2/9/2015
3 Tbls milk
1½ tsp vanilla
1½ cups sifted cake flour
3/4 cups sugar
1½ Tbls finely ground dried lavender
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
13 Tbls softened butter
1. Preheat oven to 350º. In a medium bowl lightly combine milk, eggs, and vanilla
List all articles
2. Combine dry ingredients, including lavender, in a large bowl.
3. Add the butter and half the egg mixture. Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened. Increase to medium speed and beat for 1 minute to aerate and develop the cake’s structure.
4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and gradually add the remaining egg mixture in 2 batches. Beat for 20 seconds after each addition to incorporate the ingredients.
5. Put batter into a greased and floured pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes if using a loaf pan; 55 to 65 minutes if using a tube pan. A wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean