Articles > Cooking With Herbs
Lavender Madelines - 2/27/2015
a madeline baking pan
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbs. dried English lavender flowers
2 drops of pure English lavender essential oil
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
1. In a food processor with a chopping blade, process the granulated sugar, flowers, and essential oil until the flowers are finely ground. Put in a zip-lock bag and let stand for 24 hours.
2. The next day, heat oven to 400ºF. Spray the madeline pan with oil or melted butter. Spray the pan each time you bake.
3. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at high speed, beat the eggs with the lavender/sugar mixture and vanilla until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
4. At medium speed, gradually beat in 3/4 cup of melted butter. With a wire wisk, fold in the flour.
5. Spoon a scant tablespoon of batter into each mold.
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Immediately remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners sugar. This recipe makes 3 dozen cookies
List all articles